Talking with people about Jesus is not easy. We are in a spiritual battle and war is messy! How can we know whether our efforts at gospel conversations are successful?
We need to see success in terms of faithfulness.
But our faithfulness must be rooted in God's faithfulness in the cross of Jesus.
God may use us to reap the harvest or we may simply be used to plant seeds.
But regardless of the fruit of our conversations with unbelievers, we can see them as successful:
1. If they happen at all!
2. If we speak with confidence in the success of the cross of Jesus to purchase a people for Himself.
3. If we speak with confidence in the success of the cross of Jesus in providing a genuine offer of salvation to every person we talk with.
In order to have gospel conversations or in order to respond with trust and love in difficult situations, we need to be remember the truth of the gospel. (2 Peter 1:12-15)
1. We need to remember to remember.
2. We need to remember the truth.
3. We need to trust the truth we remember.